Have you got a business-objective?

We have a solution.

Get a consultation right now!

contact us

request a quote
Enter your name
Your contact number
Enter your message
Natalya Brinza Project Manager
  to all cases

Case. Raised online store of furniture fabric and furniturein TOP-10 in search results

About the project

Subject: Online store of furniture fabric and fabric

Service: Promotion of a site in the TOP 10 of Google search results

Period: September 2018 - March 2019

Domain age: 3 years

Promotion Region: Ukraine

CMS: ModX

Promotion strategy

To achieve the goal, we divided the work on the project into stages and focused on tasks

Preparatory

In parallel with the development of a new customer site, we did such work:

  • 1Analyzed competitors in the niche.
  • 2We assembled a semantic core for 29 main sections of the site.
  • 3We implemented a technical and SEO audit, which showed a number of necessary changes even before the publication of the site.
  • 4We compiled a list of necessary improvements based on the audit.
  • 5To track the results, they installed analytics on the site and set goals for shopping.

What difficulties did our team face?

  • The main page of the online store had a double
  • Filter pages could not be optimized separately (in the future we planned to optimize filters for low-frequency queries)
  • Title, Description, H1 duplicated for product pages and filters
  • There was no https protocol on the site, and micro-marking generated errors

Some categories of the site have not yet been filled with goods, there was no exact deadline, but we decided not to delay the launch of the new site, but to start.

At the start, we recorded such indicators:

Site positions on the main semantic core (408 keywords)

Thanks to redirects from the old site structure, we were able to save traffic to the new

Promotion start

To achieve the goals set by customers, the work began:

  • 1Manually registered meta tags on 29 pages of the site
  • 2Conducted optimization for local issuance (registered and optimized the card on the cards)
  • 3They issued TK to the copywriter for 10 pages - this is how much the budget allowed, since the old content was not unique and was not optimized for clustered semantics
  • 4Link building started (crowdfunding and purchasing only article links) There was already a certain link mass on the domain, but the indicators were significantly inferior to competitors.
  • 5Sent the site for indexing.

What indicators at this stage we managed to achieve:

  • in issuance, the old pages of the site began to be replaced by new
  • more keys began to be indexed (but not yet high-frequency queries)

Key works and long-awaited results

  • Filled all the main sections of the site with content
  • Gathered semantics for low-frequency queries and issued TK copywriter for writing articles on the Blog
Conclusion:

While working on the project, we ran into technical problems - there were errors that were already fixed before the publication of the site:

  • There was a duplication of all pages with “/” and without it
  • Meta tags of goods and filters have flown
  • Manual meta tags flew, replaced by template

Our team corrected some technical errors, and new ones appeared to replace them. Our project froze - there were no positive results on positions, and traffic grew only by + - 1% week to week.

We expanded the semantics, realizing that with technical failures it will be more difficult to get into the TOP according to high-frequency requests, and traffic is needed. We decided to add less competitive MF requests to the promotion, which allowed us to increase traffic, despite the difficulties with the output of HF requests. Also at this stage, the categories of the site were finally filled with goods.

At the same time, we were not able to identify the cause of the technical malfunction of the site.

But we could not stop - we needed a result.

The team decided to experiment with the internal weight of the site, “rigid” anchor linking of categories and increasing the density of keywords, namely: “furniture fabric” and “upholstery fabric” due to references in the H1 heading on the pages of categories and products.

As a result, the TOP has grown slightly, but not in the way we wanted, and the most frequent requests did not even fall into the TOP-100. Therefore, we decided to conduct a full testing of the site in the QA department.

What testing showed

The test detected a number of errors, which were the reason for the constant failures in the resource. After promptly fixing bugs, the site was sent for reindexing.

Considering that all our efforts brought minimal results, we decided to stop the promotion work for this period by choosing the position of expectation. During this time, we set up e-commerce on the site to understand how cost-effective the promotion is for the client.

Total

For two weeks the site was re-indexed, and after improvements we finally got the long-awaited result. We managed to overcome the challenges that the project threw us: