- It is a challenging task to launch a social network for this domain in a very competitive market dominated by Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.
- The main target audience (Norwegian) are nor succeed in the hom renovation. Renovation projects are not completed in Norwegian homes are due to: 25% laziness, 40% money and 34% due to lack of time.
- To create a lot of content and activity in the app to make Mahoom be a more interesting platform for “everyone”.
- To have the main social network features to be competitive.
- Landing page for the app promoting;
- Daily reports for founders to see the app growth;
- Optimized Azure infrastructure architecture for storing big amount of data like images and videos:
- Creating a script for finding and cleaning the cash;
- Custom branded chat solution; (developed ourselves)
We built a platform that collects inspiration, interaction and implementation is one place. During the app design and development we have completed the competitor analysis (screen below) where we have analyzed main features and flows. And also more important that this process (process and research and analysis of feedvack) became continuous. All improvements phases started from analysis stage.
Permanent communication with Product Owner allowed the team to have the last user feedback and real analysis results to make some conclusion. (had a group of ambassodors and users who gave feedback on application)
Thanks to this approach the Product Owner could gain the assumptions and insights:
- Mahoom will not be a success without content.
- Mahoom will not become an “for everyone” app until there is sufficient content and engagement to attract users from other platforms.
- Mahoom must be different from the other platforms in a way that adds enough value to justify the platform change.
Mahoom must first attract users who add value in terms of content before Mahoom can focus on other groups such as consumers, sales, and marketing.
The content problem was managed on product owner side by attracting main ambassadors (design, real estate people) to the app.
For the first 6 months
- Up to 5000 users;
- Up to 10000 photo uploads;
- Up to 3000 created hotspots in the app.
- For the year about 4000 installments of the app.