WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REACT.JS
React was initially developed by Facebook in 2013 and is still maintained by the company. It is suitable for developing massive web applications which data is changing frequently. The concept that React.js is based on is allowing reusing components. Developers write small blocks of code that can be combined to create whole applications or used as independent interface elements. One of the most important features of the framework is the ability to use an XML-like syntax extension - JSX. It allows coding faster, safer and easier.
Pros of Using React.js
- The framework is SEO-friendly which allows increasing the webpage crawl depth. Search engines can index such pages faster and more efficiently.
- It is suitable for proceeding big amounts of data.
- Code components can be reused as many times as you need.
- Virtual DOM can improve the performance of a high-load application and can make it more user-friendly.
- React.js makes the mobile app development easier because the code written during the website development can be used again to create a mobile app. If you plan to develop not only the website but also the mobile application, it will free you from the need to hire two large development teams.
- The framework is useful for creating isomorphic code. Using such an application becomes more comfortable because the pages render faster. Due to the fact that the same code can be used for both the client and server bases, there is no need to duplicate the same features. As the result, development time and costs are reduced.
Cons of the React.js Framework
- In some cases, using this framework requires more coding.
- The documentation is getting more difficult because of the numerous updates and upgrades.
- Not all browsers support React.js which means that programmers have to use additional plugins and extensions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMBER.JS
Perhaps, Ember 2.0 is the most strictly organized JS framework. When you are developing projects with Ember, there is usually only one right way to complete the task and it is impossible to make a mistake. Ember is more like a platform which offers long-term support and maintenance for the developed project. The framework provides an advanced control system, tools for switching to new updated versions, and clear manuals and tools for avoiding out-of-date APIs. Without any doubts, Ember has every right to be called a well-weighed framework. However, a closer look at pros and cons of Ember.js proves that is not suitable for every development project.
Benefits of Ember 2.0
- Excellent documentation;
- Convenient and rich default architecture;
- Data binding (synchronization between the model and the view);
- High-performance focus;
- Server-side rendering;
- URL support;
- Numerous features within the framework.
Drawbacks of the Ember.js Framework
- Slow rendering in the beginning;
- Small community, less frequently updated tutorials;
- Application development is complex and slow;
- Few libraries and code examples;
- No standard set of user interface elements;
- Deep linking can perform randomly in complex applications.
REACT.JS VS EMBER.JS: WHICH FRAMEWORK TO CHOOSE FOR YOUR PROJECT?
If you want to experience better web application development, it is required to have enough resources and support documentation for programmers to learn more about a certain framework and its features. This is due to the popularity of a certain framework: the more users it has, the more information can be found on the Internet. Therefore, before choosing Ember or React, programmers have to analyze the main features of both thoughtfully. This is why we prepared a comprehensive Ember.js comparison with React.js.
So, let?s compare React.js and Ember.js and their main characteristics:
What?s Ember.js is well-known for is the fact that its main advantages can become its biggest disadvantages at the same time. It's all about the inflexible structure of the apps created with Ember. Although its community is open to the proposals for improving Ember, there is always only one correct sequence of actions prescribed by the architecture of the framework itself for development. Outside-the-box solutions can lead to development difficulties. Definitely, this fact diminishes the advantages of the Ember.js.
REACT.JS AND EMBER.JS: SUMMARY
The framework is the embodiment of certain templates, an integrated set of technologies, and the code that facilitates the application development and further support. Before hiring a dedicated team, first, make a list of full requirements for the future project and comprehensively analyze the frameworks to choose the most suitable one for your specific needs.
When full-stack developers compare Ember.js vs React.js, the vast majority suggest choosing React. The object-oriented approach, the ability to easily modify existing components and reuse code transform React development into a continuous improvement process. Components that were created during a particular project do not have additional dependencies. It means that all previous progress can be easily applied to a new website or even a mobile application.
Without any doubt, React.js development is in demand nowadays. Therefore, it is important to take a closer look at the expertise of the programmers on your team. Entrusting your project to a professional and experienced team is the key to success.
Popular in blogView all
We’ll contact you within a couple of hours to schedule a meeting to discuss your goals.